Good antenna for the traveler

He shares his experience UB6AGC:
    All good health!
    I decided to open my message this branch and just want to say that this message is not any advertising, and really want to share their experiences on the use, in my opinion the best antenna for radio travel!

I purchased the antenna Buddipole version Long.
    Stopped on the version Long, as all of their traveling by car and I produce a slight increase in the weight of the antenna and its length in the transport position, for me, it is not critical. And all the same a longer mast is advantageous, therefore, it was decided to stop on it.
    With order and delivery problems have arisen, the antenna came about 2 weeks in the Olympic city of Sochi)

Once the antenna came, I immediately decided to test it in the field, ie in the garden. Well scratched same hand - what to do.
    Here in the place was built for ala UB6AGC/garden.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0072.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	2355

And here is the view of the antenna itself, since it fit in my garden picture a little dark, because dusk.

Name:	IMAG0068.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	2356

First, horticultural tests took place in a range of 40 meters and the antenna in this band I really liked! Despite the fact that I have not succeeded in setting the minimum SWR were excellent connections in the figure with Germany, France, Poland and other European countries. On SSB he worked well with the third and fourth areas. In general, an antenna generally satisfied, despite the fact that my QTH is not the most appropriate for radio links, in view of the fact that this lowland valley.
    To date, there is experience at the antenna in the field and my results of this experiment are very pleased!
    The antenna itself makes very high quality and thought out - it is pleasant not only work, but also into the hand hold nice! While one drawback is still there: the paint which is painted the antenna, mast and tripod quietly erased the points of contact with the metal-metal assembly and disassembly, but in my opinion - it is a mere trifle.
    In general, antenna happy as an elephant, was looking for a similar "mobile" antenna for field days.
    Unfortunately, I could not have worked enough enough, due to the fact that in my IC-7000 covered himself with a copper basin, but rather has a manufacturing defect, the module Logic Unit and yet I have not got a replacement, experiments had to be suspended ...

The following quote video that though on from England, but not quite bad allows us to understand what's what:

Hello!All!
    I use on my machine here are mobile antennas!

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	2369

Name:	C.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	2368
    All 73!
    Last edited by OH9FTW; 12-07-2015 at 06:54 PM.
    Life is life!